Blast Better : Let the Games and Fun Begin

Monday, May 16, 2016 19 Comments A+ a-

12744199_1558956181086831_1715480846122804473_n

We were invited by the Hot Wheels Epic Race organizers to join Boom Co's Blast Better Summer Explosion at Mall Of Asia last April 23.  I was encouraged to attend this event because I know this will be something new and exciting for my little boy.

My son doesn't own a toy gun except for the 10-peso water gun we play with during bath time. So when the organizers described the product they were launching, I knew my son would be delighted to play with a more complex toy gun weapon!

I was also excited to see how my little boy would behave and react playing with a group of boys. We go out on playdates with our homeschooling friends but we haven't tried team games.  This "action-packed battle" would be a new experience for Rio.

Let the games begin!

We arrived at the Music Hall just as the games were about to start. Rio was the last player to complete the blue team. One of the short and basic Boom Co guns was issued to him. As expected, it took several minutes for our little boy to familiarize himself with the toy gun. During the actual battle, Rio had some successful shots but these were not enough to reach the opponent's base. He was eliminated and had to stay in the home base with one of his teammates.

IMG_7435

IMG_7444

IMG_7440

Fortunately, the other members of the blue team were more daring to attack the opponent's home base. In the end, the blue team won and advanced to the final round. The boys were so happy and excited to play again in the next round.

[caption id="attachment_3892" align="alignnone" width="3264"]IMG_7457 #SquadGoals! [/caption]

Kita-kita tayo sa finals!

The organizers had to review the composition of the teams before the final round. They had to balance the members to make the game more fair and exciting. Rio became part of the red team and we were glad to give him some pointers before the game started. We explained the game's rules and objectives and our Boom Co shooter survived the game without being eliminated. He also tried his best to reach the opponent's home base.

Their team lost but we are sure Rio had a great time. He was so happy to receive a special gift from the organizers. He never let go of his new Boom Co gun and held it close to him even during our merienda.

IMG_7481

Target shooting and homeschooling!

While waiting for the next team battle, we plan to use our Boom Co gun in our homeschooling lessons. We could review our lessons about numbers through target shooting! Rio will surely enjoy his math and target shooting lessons!

IMG_7500

Visit Blast Better PH Facebook page to know more details about this action toy gun.

Here are some photos from their Facebook page :

13043334_1593126081003174_6623131202359138112_n

11165113_1593115807670868_3497350925530525284_n

May 20, 2016 at 10:01 AM delete

We missed this event because we went to Cebu. Sayang, checking your photos and I can say that it was really a fun event.

May 20, 2016 at 8:37 PM delete

My 7 year old would go gaga over this. He likes guns so much (i dont really get boys). I personally dont like these toys and find them a bit violent for me, but their papa thinks otherwise.

May 21, 2016 at 6:51 AM delete

It sounds like a really fun day for Rio. Among my children, Pablo will be the one who will most likely enjoy the game. Judah might, Lukas ended up crying in his last water gun games at Me and My Dad camp because he was fired at right away, hehe.

May 21, 2016 at 1:53 PM delete

Very good strategy to connect his new toy to your homeschool lessons! ;) Homeschool moms are really creative! :)

Lady Anne Louise Barrun
May 21, 2016 at 10:25 PM delete

That is really a cool idea, when you use that boo co gun for homeschooling lesson.

May 22, 2016 at 6:21 AM delete

So happy that your son received a new toy from this event! His smile says it all. So happy, too, that you can use his new toy for your homeschooling activities.

Anonymous
May 22, 2016 at 9:33 AM delete

Oh wow, my boy would have enjoyed attending this event. Boys and guns just go together in a natural way. Haha. Good luck on the next game! :)

Maan Laxa
May 22, 2016 at 11:03 AM delete

Gaaah so awesome! I didn't dare show this to Yuri because I know he would be inggit huhu. But I'm sure Rio had a grand time!

xotheurbancat
May 22, 2016 at 1:29 PM delete

Your son seems he had a good time. My son also likes toy guns. He will definitely like this toy.

Nini Perez
May 22, 2016 at 1:29 PM delete

Game face on si Rio! :) I like the idea that you were able to incorporate the toy gun with homeschool activities.

momi berlin
May 23, 2016 at 4:37 AM delete

Surely the little man enjoyed his day and I saw he had some company of his same age (or height). Ihihi.

May 23, 2016 at 4:45 AM delete

What a fun event! Specially for boys. Pero ako I wouldn't want din sana to give toy guns to my son. Water siguro ok lang din hihi. Pero it's fun ha na by teams ang laro nila and your son seem to have enjoyed a lot talaga :)

Coi Ibanez
May 23, 2016 at 8:03 AM delete

Ooohhh that was a nice toy! Hmm my nephew and niece would love this toy! :) Ang galing naman and you're able to use it pa for your homeschooling activities! Creative mommy hihi ;)

Mommy Levy
May 23, 2016 at 9:13 AM delete

this is one of the events we enjoyed a lot. I saw my son's competitive side. I hope that there will be more events like this one in the future.

Neri Ann
May 23, 2016 at 2:35 PM delete

Looks really fun! I think my boys will enjoy this kind of event because they know how to use toy guns with supervisions of course.

May 24, 2016 at 4:23 AM delete

Glad to know you guys enjoyed the event. Looks like it was really fun. Good idea to use the toy gun for homeschooling. I wouldn't have thought of that!

May 24, 2016 at 6:45 AM delete

I bet Rio made some new friends! This is a good activity to build teamwork and promote healthy competition. :)

Nina Sogue
May 24, 2016 at 11:37 AM delete

This looks fun! My son is still young (below 2) but I'm excited to have the same activities with him :)

Nina | http://www.ninasogue.com/

Kim Reyes
May 25, 2016 at 1:58 AM delete

Enjoy! My son would love this!