Give books this Christmas! BOOKSan na ang mga regalo!

Thursday, November 26, 2015 15 Comments A+ a-

If you are the type of Ninang who gives books to her inaanaks, pamangkins and friends, take note of these Christmas book sales organized by different publishing houses.

Last year, I chose to give books as Christmas presents and I got different reactions from the kiddos. Some of them were happy with the books but most of them were disappointed. My inaanaks were still expecting toys while my grown up pamangkins secretly wished I gave them "aginaldos" last Christmas.

Pero naniniwala pa rin akong "You can never go wrong with books." My book presents may be kept in their book shelves for now but with their parents' encouragement they will soon discover the beauty and wonders of reading.

Here is my initial list of book bazaars you can visit. Happy shopping and book hoarding!

1. Aginaldong Adarna  ( November 16- December 19)

aginaldong adarna

If your inaanaks love vehicles, they will enjoy and learn from Kas' story. Give them a big book of Ang Barumbadong Bus to help them visualize Kas' road misadventures. Here are the reasons why we love this book.

New titles are also on sale! I want to have a copy of Xi Zuq's Pangkat Papaya. Check out the list of Adarna titles here.

newtitles

2.  Tahanan Books' Walk-In Sale  (until January 31, 2016)

tahanan book sale

You can shop here before Christmas or bring your kids after all the celebrations and spend a portion of their "aginaldos" to buy books. Tahanan Books' walk-in sale extends up to the end of January 2016 so you can still save up for your favorite books and their popular paper items (stationery, calendars, notepads,etc).

tahananpapers

Tahanan Books released several new titles this year. We were lucky to receive complimentary copies of these storybooks : Mang Andoy's Signs, From Manila with Love, Kumilos Tayo Series. Click the titles to read our review and I hope you can get copies of these awesome books for your kids and inaanaks.

3. Scholastic's The Big Christmas Blowout Warehouse Sale (November 27 - December 23, 2015)

scholastic december 2015 warehouse sale_zps3dcy5etq

I read Mommy Pehpot's blog post about Scholastic's warehouse sale and I'm excited to score some great book finds for my Level 1 Beginning Reader.  This map will be useful for first timers like me. Happy book hunting!

scholastic warehouse sale map_zpslxjtlpyq

4. UST Publishing House Annual Christmas Booksale (until December 18, 2015)

12194987_1067691179917242_4917897923285345874_o

You can view their book titles for 2015 in UST Publishing House Facebook Page.

5) UP Press Christmas Sale ( December 1-11, 2015)

12241326_10154423499862178_1945148546794259567_n

Oops, there's more. In celebration of its 50th anniversary, all UP Press titles will be on sale (50% off) on December 7. Make sure to list down your book wishes and don't miss this chance to buy them at half the price. You can check their 2015 Titles here. #UPPress50

UPPress50years

Mark your calendars and let's give love and books this Christmas! Happy book shopping!

mhaan.a-ds
November 27, 2015 at 3:54 PM delete

Same here I prefer to give my inaanak books and other school supplies kasi for sure magagamit nila yun.

November 27, 2015 at 4:30 PM delete

I love books... and book fairs! Thanks for compiling and sharing!

November 27, 2015 at 5:43 PM delete

I'd be honest I'm probably one of those kids who would get disappointed in getting books instead of toys for Christmas but as a mom I'd prefer giving books now. ^_^

madz
November 27, 2015 at 11:25 PM delete

Wow a bookworm's dream! I thinks books are great gifts too! hope I can dropby any of these sales:)

islesgilian
November 28, 2015 at 12:17 PM delete

I love books. For Christimas gifts, I'd rather give books and art tools to kids than toys. =) These sales are the best! =)

nanaystrip
November 29, 2015 at 11:30 AM delete

True. They can always collect these books and enjoy reading the stories when they grow up. :-)

nanaystrip
November 29, 2015 at 11:31 AM delete

I'd be happy to go to just one of these book fairs. Solved na ang Christmas shopping!

Joy
November 30, 2015 at 12:28 PM delete

I love to give books as Christmas gifts but other kids don't like the idea, hehehe! Good thing Wynn loves to receive books as gifts. Thank you for sharing, Alemars! :)

December 1, 2015 at 10:11 PM delete

Books are timeless gifts. I like getting and gifting books too. These are wonderful finds bye. Thanks for sharing.

lally
December 2, 2015 at 3:27 AM delete

Wow dami palang book fairs. I'm not so sure if my inaanak will love book as a gift this Christmas but will definitely visit one of the book fairs. sabay tayo! hihi! :)

December 13, 2015 at 10:33 AM delete

This is serious business for bibliophiles! Oh my. I'll come running to these places if I was based in the Philippines! :)

Mommy Mecheel
December 13, 2015 at 11:35 AM delete

Oh! Thanks for this article, this made me change my mind. For a change and I know that it's a good thing for kids too.

Nicole
December 13, 2015 at 5:03 PM delete

Thanks for compiling these events! It's true that you can never go wrong with books, and if I were one of your inaanaks I'm sure my Christmas would be complete - I love getting books as gifts :)

Nicole
December 13, 2015 at 5:04 PM delete

Thanks for compiling these events! It’s true that you can never go wrong with books, and if I were one of your inaanaks I’m sure my Christmas would be complete – I love getting books as gifts :)

December 15, 2015 at 5:17 AM delete

This is cool.. books never go out of style..they're perfect and valuable gifts for the holidays or any occasions... Thanks for sharing!