Lights, Dance and Smile at the Brightest Parade Ever!

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 13 Comments A+ a-

riosolo

We plan to make this year's Christmas celebration memorable for our dearest Rio. This will be his fourth Christmas but we think this will be the year when he can appreciate and remember better how we celebrated this wonderful season. He even has gift requests for Santa Claus and is eagerly waiting for his moment to put the star on top of our Christmas tree ( yes, it's already December and our tree is still not up!).

The SM Mall of Asia's Grand Festival of Lights last November 29 was truly the best and grandest way to signal the start of our Christmas 2014 celebration.

We were so lucky to be included in the pre-event party held at TGIF, Mall of Asia. The delicious snacks and sweets were just perfect while we waited for the parade to start. I also had time to introduce myself and get to know some of the mommy bloggers who were in the event. Sayang, I was not able to take pictures with all of them. I noticed that they all have their little princesses with them. Ako lang yata ang may dalang little boy.

[caption id="attachment_1257" align="aligncenter" width="560"]Hello Mommy Rackell and Baby Rhian! Hello Mommy Rackell and Baby Rhian![/caption]

The Grand Festival of Lights motorcade includes 12 colorful Sanrio character floats and a parade of mascots, cheerful dancers and performers. My favorite floats were those carrying The Little Twin Stars (my all-time favorite Sanrio characters) and Hello Kitty with the banner Maligayang Pasko. Our little boy was so amazed with the bright costumes of the performers in the parade. The radiant smiles of the dancers kept the audience excited until the end of the parade.

collagemoa2

collage1moa

collagemoa3

You can still catch and enjoy this Christmas parade at the Mall of Asia grounds every Saturday until Christmas Day. The parade begins at the North Arcade at 5:30 in the afternoon and ends at SM MOA by the Bay with a grand fireworks display.

If you are doing your last minute Christmas shopping at the Mall of Asia these coming Saturdays, set your shopping break just in time to witness this spectacular Sanrio-style lights festival. There are also other activities to look forward to at the Mall of Asia : Meet and Greet Santa Claus every Saturday and Sunday at the Main Mall Atrium at 3:00 p.m. and the Pyromusical Weekends at the SM MOA By the Bay at 7:00 p.m.

For updates on fun holiday events, visit the Facebook page of SM Mall of Asia or follow @TheMallofAsiaOfficial on Instagram and @TheMallofAsia on Twitter.

Happy holidays!

December 2, 2014 at 2:40 AM delete

Love the Sanrio-themed floats! If only MOA weren't so far away from us!

December 2, 2014 at 3:40 AM delete

Hi! we are also there to witness the parade I also have a little boy with me because of the heavy traffic we arrived 4:45 pm so we seated near the entrance of Fridays :-)

mamaspeaks
December 2, 2014 at 1:16 PM delete

Love, love Little Twin Stars! This is sure fun for the kids (and the mommies - who are Sanrio fans)!

December 2, 2014 at 1:27 PM delete

Saturdays lang talaga, sis? Walang weekdays? Waaaah...gusto ko talaga makita to!

Maan
December 2, 2014 at 3:54 PM delete

What a really fun-looking event! I'm not sure if my Yuri would stay put, though, because he's not fond of loud music. But I'm sure he'll love the show of lights just like Rio!

December 3, 2014 at 12:48 AM delete

Little V has not experienced seeing a parade of lights before. Too bad, MOA is too far from us. Looks like the kids (and the moms!) will really enjoy this.

December 3, 2014 at 6:14 AM delete

Hello Mommy Nadia, it's so nice to finally meet you and Kuya Rio. Sayang kulang ang oras natin para makapag chickahan. Ang saya ng parade especially nung lumakad tayo sa gitna. Hihi. In fairness, napapa indak ako sa mga songs na ginamit nila.. Sayang lang kasi tulog si Rhian the whole parade. Hayz. See you soon! :)

December 3, 2014 at 6:43 AM delete

We'll definitely be there this Saturday with my daughter. :) Thanks for this post ^^

December 3, 2014 at 11:43 AM delete

We missed this! We hope we can drop by before our vacation in Bacolod

MrsMartinez
December 4, 2014 at 12:15 AM delete

Wow! This looks like fun! I am a Hello Kitty fan ; ) I will surely visit this parade along with my daughter ; )

xoxo
MrsMartinez

Nicole Paler
December 4, 2014 at 1:40 AM delete

looks like your little man had a lot of fun! I'm definitely hoping to come in and check out said parade for myself and the kids :D

December 7, 2014 at 3:42 PM delete

It sure looks like one helluva fun. :) My baby enjoyed the Ayala Triangle lights so for sure she'd be giddy seeing this too.