Project Preschool Homeschool: One Week At A Time and Our #TMOTD

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 25 Comments A+ a-

FullSizeRender (1)

We are on a roll!

I am so happy that we diligently followed our preschool homeschool activities for 2 consecutive days! We can't wait to finish our remaining lessons for this week. Plotting out our daily lesson plan on the first day of the week proved to be effective for Team Rio ( members: Nanay, Tatay, Lola and Rio). Following a plan to chart our "letter of the week" activities gave us that inspiring push, positive pressure and necessary order to our informal and unstructured preschool homeschool curriculum.

I am planning to make free weekly planners in the future and share it here in the blog for our fellow preschool homeschool families to download. First, I have to catch up on my hand lettering practice so I can put them on my free homeschool weekly planner.

We're only a few letters away of completing our preschooler's name ( nickname + surname, to be exact!). We are now including sight words in our weekly lessons. We will munch on the word LITTLE this entire week! We have a column for the books WE    ( yes, including the teachers!)  plan to read for the week.The last column is for our observations and short assessment of our study session for the day. This is very important for us to keep track of our son's strengths and weaknesses as we grow in our homeschool journey together. It also serves as a constant reminder that this entire journey is more about our son and NOT us.

Lastly, we are starting with a new project, and it really comes with a hashtag! We will begin documenting our Teachable Moment Of The Day #TMOTD. As I shared in my first #TMOTD post in Instagram, we think we'll do better in this daily challenge than posting our boring outfits of the day. We take the challenge of learning how to capture that moment, when we think we are just playing but we are actually having a "teachable moment" with our son.

[caption id="attachment_1231" align="aligncenter" width="560"]Our first #TMOTD Instagram post Our first #TMOTD Instagram post// Anak please point to the LITTLE train. Rio stopped eating, used his Yan Yan bread stick to point at Bash![/caption]

We all need your support and cheers in our homeschooling projects. Isang bagsak naman para sa Team Rio! Pak!

Nanays, do you make weekly lesson or activity plans for your children? Share us how your week looks like.

Join us in sharing our #TMOTD in Instagram (@nanaystrip).

Nanay's POSTrip:

If you are planning to give books as Christmas presents, don't miss Aginaldong Adarna starting on November 15! It's our last chance to buy these well-loved Filipino children's books for P55.00! Tara na! Kitakits sa Adarna!

I'm just starting to explore Blog Society but I'm already loving it! I'm still waiting for the details of their coming e-course on digital bravery. It was just surreal that I landed on this site (thanks to an FB post shared in one of my groups) at the perfect time when I'm pursuing my own #BraveBlogging challenge . This post "Personal Blogging: Is Sharing Really Caring?" is very interesting.

Thank you to This Reading Mama for generously sharing her Letter E lesson plan!

Teacher Nanay Nadia is also a newbie mompreneur! Maestro Rio Shop, our small family digital printing business, prints personalized shirts, mugs, pillows and a lot more customized stuff. Please give us some love this Christmas by liking our Facebook page. Maraming salamat!

November 12, 2014 at 2:38 AM delete

Here's the bagsak from me -- BLAG! :) Looking forward to your teachable moment of the day...

And what is Blog Society? Will explore later!

Can't wait for your weekly planner! #excitedmuch

Joy
November 12, 2014 at 7:43 AM delete

Way to go, Team Rio! :) Glad to hear about your homeschooling successes, Nanay Nadia. We're kind of stuck nowadays due to the changes that have happened. And to think that we left most of our materials in Pinas, it's really hard to start all over again. But I'm trying and doing my best. :) Thank you for sharing. Excited about your weekly planner and looking forward to more #TMOTD from your team. :)

November 12, 2014 at 8:01 AM delete

I love "This Reading Mama" site, I follow her Pinterest because I also print some worksheets and activity for my son. :)

November 12, 2014 at 8:50 AM delete

Good Job Team Rio! Hindi lang isang bagsak, tatlong bagsak naman dyan! :) I'm so excited to do it on my daughter yun nga lang medyo kabado ako baka kasi mahirapan ako. Hhhmm.. Matagal tagal pa naman yun since my daughter is only 9 months old. :) Btw, looking forward for more #TMOTD. ^_^

November 12, 2014 at 11:57 AM delete

Good Job! Isang malaki ng bagsak!

15 months palang si Mila pero nag start na ko to study on homeschooling. I wish I can stay home na to focus on her before she needs to go to school. So I will follow you #tmotd to get tips already

Jen Bave
November 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM delete

Hi,

I am planning to home school my LO and I will look forward for all your homeschooling activities. That will be a great help for me. Thanks for sharing this and Kudos Team Rio!

Mary Joy
November 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM delete

Cheers Team Rio! You inspire us talaga new moms and plan ko din mag homeschool for may baby A.

joyastilla
November 13, 2014 at 5:47 AM delete

You're doing a good job! I just admire parents who do homeschooling! Keep it up!

November 13, 2014 at 7:50 AM delete

We are planning to home school my youngest son. Sana makayanan ko lahat because of tight schedule, kakayanin for my Yvan. Keep up the good work Team Rio! Good job tayo diyan ♥ Bookmarked this post as well :) Thanks!

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 10:57 AM delete

Hello Kat! I've seen in FB that you wrote your preschool homeschool activities last October. Excited to read the activities you did with your little one. Kaya natin 'to! Kitakits soon!

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM delete

Hi May! Have you dropped by Blog Society's site? Explore, explore mode din muna ako doon. Re: Weekly planner. Besides practicing my hand lettering, I still have to ask friends in our groups how to make documents for download and link it in a blog post. Haha. Alam mo paano?

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM delete

Hi, Mommy Joy! Thanks for dropping by. Miss you! Explore ka jan, Alemars. T'yak marami ring available materials jan. Better din if you can find a community of preschool homeschoolers. Kitakits sa blog, FB and Instagram! :-)

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 11:04 AM delete

Simple worksheets but super helpful di ba? I'll check out her Pinterest too. Thanks, Michelle!

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 11:13 AM delete

You have time to prepare pa Mommy Rackell! Masaya mag-homeschool ngayon lalo na ang daming mommies na very supportive offline and online. Kitakits sa IG!

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM delete

You're in IG din di ba Paulline? Kitakits dun. Exciting ang toddler at preschool years ng mga bagets. Let's enjoy these wonderful stages in their lives! Thanks for dropping by! :-)

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 11:22 AM delete

Hi Jen! Are you part of Homeschoolers in the Philippines? Check out its Facebook page. Helpful community lalo na sa mga newbies na tulad natin sa homeschooling. Thanks for taking time to read my blog. :-)

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 11:28 AM delete

HI Mary Joy! I just dropped by Happiness of Joy and browsed through some of your recent posts. Balik ako dun, pramis! I will look forward to your homeschooling blog posts. Thanks for reading,lalo na sa pag-iwan ng comments! :)

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 11:47 AM delete

Thanks, Joy! We're still newbies in homeschooling. Hopefully we can continue this path even beyond the preschool years. :-)

nanaystrip
November 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM delete

Hi Mommy Yvette! Grabe talaga ang heart nating mga nanay! Kakayanin lahat para sa ating mga anak. Thanks for dropping by! :-)

Cheanne
November 13, 2014 at 3:28 PM delete

I love the #tmotd! :) It's so nice to learn that all of you are in on the homeschooling effort. Rio is lucky to have all of your and our support. Go go go, team Rio! :D

November 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM delete

ay sorry, i've been a bit tired lately, di na ko nakakapagsurf. di nga ko nakakapag-isip eh, haha. maybe this weekend.:)

November 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM delete

yey! next playdate at the park, for sure Rio will read with Gab the names of trees, bushes, etc!

November 18, 2014 at 10:31 AM delete

Your #TMOTD looks great! I teach my daughter new things everyday too. This is fun :)

tweenselmom
November 27, 2014 at 7:16 AM delete

Congratulations again for seeing you back again in blogging mommy nadia! I super envy you for being creative and hardworking.